Payment is due at the time of rendering services, either immediately before or after the therapy session. Acceptable forms of payment include Cash, Check, Credit or Debit, and online via Client Portal.
- 30-minute consultation appointments are available upon request with no obligation if you decide to not enter into services with me.
- Fees for services vary depending on type of counseling service, length of service, and contracted rates with insurance.
- Reduced fee (i.e., sliding scale) and pro-bono services are available upon request and based on verifiable need.
Please call me to discuss any concerns you might have about session fees so you know exactly what you can expect.
I am currently able to work with several health insurance companies as an in-network or out-of-network mental health provider. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan.
Because plans differ greatly and it can be confusing, I offer the service of verifying your benefits. I also encourage you to contact your insurance company or plan administrator and ask the following questions regarding your coverage:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What specific mental health issues are covered by my plan?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is prior authorization required from a third-party (e.g., primary care physician)?
- Can my counselor bill my insurance or should I submit the claim myself?
Please note that I cannot predict or guarantee what amount, if any, your insurance will reimburse. Also, most insurance companies require a clinical mental health diagnosis to qualify for coverage. Please consider this as you decide to use insurance or pay for services yourself.
Clients who do not have insurance, prefer to not have their mental health information shared with a third-party (i.e., insurance company), or are seeking therapy for non-covered services often choose to pay for services themselves. Key benefits to self-pay include the minimized risk of exposing your personal health records and no risk of your mental health concerns becoming a part of your permanent health record.
In respect for our valuable therapeutic time together, a minimum of 24 hours of advance notice is required if you need to cancel or reschedule your session.
Failure to provide 24 hour advance notice will result in a mandatory $75 fee. Of course, emergencies happen so communicate with me as soon as possible in such occasions. Please note that health insurance plans do not cover missed appointments and it will be your responsibility to promptly pay the fee in full.